Gulf-to-Bay Anesthesiology Associates, LLC
Please address all correspondence to:
TEAMHealth: Base Pointe Anesthesia Billing Center
3231 North Star Circle
Louisville, TN 37777
Gulf to-Bay Anesthesiology Associates, LLC: is committed to providing excellent and compassionate anesthesia health care. The Physician (Anesthesiologists), Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) and staff are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical practice for all patients requiring surgery or pain relief.
What is Anesthesiology?
Anesthesiology is the practice of medicine dedicated to the relief or inhibition of pain and total care of the surgical patient before, during and after surgery. Anesthesia may be administered locally (to numb only the surgery site) or generally, which puts the patient to sleep for the procedure. The education of today’s anesthesiologists has kept pace with their expanding role in all aspects of the surgical process. After completing a four-year college program and four years of medical school, would be anesthesiologists enter a four-year anesthesiology residency training program. Many of our physicians have additionally completed further training in research and anesthesiology subspecialties.
General anesthesia is a complex procedure involving:
- Pre-anesthetic assessment
- Prior to surgery, the anesthetist interviews the patient to determine the best combination and dosages of anesthetics and the method and monitoring process required to ensure a safe and effective procedure. It is important that you answer the questions truthfully and completely so the anesthetist can select the proper anesthetics and procedure.
- One of the risks under general anesthesia is that you may involuntarily regurgitate. For this reason your anesthetist will instruct you not to take any fluid or food after midnight on the night before your operation.
- Administration of general anesthetic drugs (induction)
- Monitoring vital signs such as blood pressure, oxygen saturation and heart rate
- Analgesia (pain inhibition)
- Airway management
- Fluid management
- Waking (emergence from the anesthesia process)
- Postoperative pain relief
In addition to any bills from the Facility and your Surgeon, you will receive a separate bill for anesthesia from Gulf-to-Bay Anesthesiology Associates, LLC. There may be times when reimbursement by your insurance company is less than the full anesthesia bill. You will be billed for the remainder of the fee, your deductible or co-pay. If you have insurance and are inquiring about an estimate or you are requesting a self-pay estimate, call 877-307-4554. Please have the following information available: Planned Procedure, Estimated Length of Time, and if any Post-Operative Nerve Blocks may be requested by the surgeon. The more information we have, the more accurate an estimate we are able to provide.
For pre-surgical out of pocket estimates only, please call (888) 983-4885 Option 1
Our toll free phone number, for all other billing inquiries, is (877)307-4554 and our website is: www.thbillpay.com.
Gulf-to-Bay Anesthesiology Associates, LLC is a subsidiary of TeamHealth